Monday, January 30, 2012

Beef Meatballs with Luganega Sausage and Cheesy Potato Pie

I came home from work to find my husband had made a sauce with meatballs and Luganega sausage. Any sausage will do though. Sorry I don't have any step by step pictures just the finished dish. Ricky used garlic, black pepper, olive oil, tomato pureè, mixed herbs, onions and some water. He cooked it slowly and added sweetcorn when the sauce was finished.

For the potato pie I boiled about 2kg of potatoes (I like to cook extra so we have something for my husband's lunch the next day). The children don't like to eat pieces of onion so I put one in with the boiling potatoes so they would pick up the flavour.

After the potaotes were cooked we drained them and mashed them. Add parmesan cheese, black pepper, a knob of butter and olive oil to taste. I used to use chedder cheese for this dish but I don't have access to that anymore.

Beat the potatoes until they light and fluffy. Put them into an oven dish. I like to make a pattern with the back of a spoon.

Bake in an oven at 180 degrees until golden, about 15 - 20 minutes.

I roasted the onion that I boiled with the potatoes.

Ricky's meatball and sausage sauce

Boiling the potatoes with an onion

Mash the potatoes

Stir in the parmesan cheese 

Make a pattern with the back of a spoon

The finished pie

Ready to eat along with carrots and roasted onion
Serve the potato pie with the meatball sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment