Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pasta with Seafood

It's snowing outside. Lots. I took a look in my freezer and saw half a bag of mussels and prawns. There was a packet of smoked salmon and courgettes in the fridge. I always have pasta and tuna in the cupboard.

Put a large pan of water on to boil.

 I put the prawns and mussels in a large non-stick pan, added white wine and the courgettes which I cut into small pieces. I often cook with wine that way I don't have to fry food. Next I put chopped garlic, black pepper, parsley and a little tomato pureè into the pan. Let everything simmer. Just before the pasta is cooked add the tuna including its oil and the chopped smoked salmon. Give the ingredients a good stir.

I time the cooking of the seafood by the pasta. Once the water for the pasta starts to boil I  turn the fire under the seafood down very low just to keep the ingredients warm and then I give it a quick burst of heat just before the pasta is cooked.

Once the pasta is cooked I add it to the seafood ingredients straight away. Add parsley to garnish and serve.

Prawns, mussels and courgettes in white wine

Seasoning and parsley added

Adding smoked salmon and tuna

Make sure the ingredients are stirred well


Add parsley

Ready to eat
This is a really quick and tasty dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment