Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pork Chops with Vegetable Rice

My husband bought a Roman Cauliflower today.I think that's what it's called in English. We steamed it.

I boiled white rice and sliced courgettes and carrots julienne style. Using a non-stick pan I put the rice in then added the sliced vegetables along with chopped onions, garlic, a dash of tomato pureè and black pepper.
Make sure everything is mixed well especially the pureè. Add olive oil towards the end. I like my veggies crisp so I didn't pre-cook them.

I like to cook pork chops in a lightly greased non-stick grill pan. I sprinkled a ready made herb mix on the chops and cooked them. Just before they were finished I added a simple sauce made from ketchup and white wine and then took the chops off the heat. I always keep the ketchup bottles when they are almost finished, making a sauce by adding wine to them.

Roman cauliflower

Slicing the courgettes

Slicing the carrots

Add the ingredients and mix well

Don't forget the pureè

Add the sauce just when the meat is cooked

Ready to eat
The chops need to be served immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment