Sunday, March 25, 2012

Potato Salad with Bruschetta


Chop and drain the tomatoes

For the bruschetta chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Drain well. I leave the tomatoes in the colander for at least 20 minutes to make sure excess water drains away. If you want to add salt now is good time as that also helps to extract water.

Put the tomatoes into a bowl and add olive oil, black pepper, chopped garlic and your preferred herb. I use basil, parsley or oregano.

Bruschetta bread
Put the tomatoes on slices of bread. If you don't have large slices of bruschetta bread just use normal sliced bread. Cook in the oven until the bread starts to turn golden.










When I make potato salad I don't add mayonnaise
to it as I don't like it. I bring it to the table separately.

Boil potatoes but don't let them get mushy. Drain
well and leave to cool.

Place in a bowl and add chopped celery, parsley,
black pepper and olive oil. Stir well making sure
Add the tomato mix


Boil and drain the potatoes

not to break up the potatoes. Put in the fridge and
leave to cool.

I like the combination of the hot bruschetta with the
cold potato salad.



Add chopped celery, black pepper and parsley to the potatoes

Stir well

A light meal


No comments:

Post a Comment